Friday, May 10, 2013

Weekly Challenge for Creating Good Habits


 
    Change is never simple, especially when we have created habits over time that have become like barriers that take every bit of will power we have to break them down. When we think about them overall they seem insurmountable. The secret of success with creating change, in my opinion, is baby steps...nothing worthwhile was ever built overnight. I'm going to suggest one challenge every week that will help break down some of these barriers. These are things that have or are currently working for me in overcoming unproductive habits. I don't want to say bad habits, because frankly I believe everything in our lives, whether good or bad are there for the benefit of our overall spiritual growth.
      For this weeks Challenge: Get up every morning and the first thing you do is make your bed. If you do nothing else productive, make your bed, every single morning. Make it a habit! There is something very depressing about walking into a bedroom with an unmade bed. When my bed is made I always feel a bit uplifted when I walk in my bedroom. It makes me feel more positive. This may seem like a silly challenge to some, but I say try it for a week and see if it does not make a difference.
     
Love&Light
Nirvani

No comments:

Post a Comment